Used Fitness Equipment for Corporations

Rockwell 5

Today, as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic many companies are focusing on the health and wellness of their employees. From offering better health insurance, to incorporating stop-smoking programs, or stress reduction with yoga, many businesses are taking the health of their employees seriously.

For some companies, this includes creating a corporate fitness center for their employees. From construction to equipping the center, it can be an expensive proposition. One way to stretch the budget is combining new state-of-the-art equipment with top-quality, gently used machines.

Start by Defining Your Needs and Any Space Limitations

How much space do you have? Remember to figure in non-equipment areas, like changing rooms and showers. A 2009 report from the IHRSA Health Club Equipment Benchmarking Report, found that fitness centers allocate around 75% of the gym space to equipment. The remaining 25% is used for lockers, bathrooms, and other features.

Choosing The Fitness Equipment Mix

Once you determine the usable space, you need to consider the kinds of equipment you are looking to provide for your employees. Consider how your space will be used. The IHRSA report found that space tedns to be split between strength, cardio and group exercise: 47% strength, 33% cardio, and 20% for group exercise.

Combining New and Used Fitness Equipment to Stretch Your Budget

Combining state-of-the-art new equipment with lightly used equipment can really stretch your budget. You can save thousands of dollars buying used equipment like treadmills, exercise bikes and rowing machines and free weights and machines. The specific types of equipment you buy should reflect the needs of your employees.

Before buying used equipment make sure to inspect the items for any damage, wear, cracks, rust, or other problems. Whenever possible, test the equipment before you buy to make sure it all works properly.

Another important element to check when buying used is to make sure they equipment is safe to use. Check emergency shut-off switches and inspect the electronics wires for fraying or other damage. Rubber and plastic parts should not show excessive wear and tear. Make sure any iron dumbells have no rust, and stationary bikes pedal smoothly and stop easily.

Combining new state-of-the-art equipment with gently used machines can save literally thousands of dollars. Creating a fitness room for your employees is an excellent investment. Choosing used fitness equipment can help to stretch your budget farther, while still providing your team with a quality exercise experience!